Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Once upon a time

Once upon a time I used to post on here regularly. Then I missed a month.
Once upon a time I used to get regular amounts of sleep, even if a 'regular amount' was four hours.
Once upon a time I knew what I wanted to do once I graduated... not sure exactly when that changed.
Once upon a time things were a lot more straightforward in my head than they are now.
Once upon a time I had motivation to do certain things that now hold little or no interest for me.
Once upon a time I was sure about things that I now question on a daily basis.
Once upon a time I didn't care so much.
Once upon a time I cared more.
Once upon a time I knew I didn't want something... now I'm not so sure.
Once upon a time I was more patient.
Once upon a time I tried coffee and didn't like it. I tried it again today. I still don't like it.
Once upon a time I thought I was knowledgable.
Once upon a time I met some people way smarter than me, and they changed my life.
Once upon a time I thought I knew how to feel things.
Once upon a time I wasn't so confused.
Once upon a time I knew who I was, and I thought that would never change.
Once upon a time I changed, and I don't know whether that's good or not.
Once upon a time certain people were important to me. They still are, but a lot of them forgot.
Once upon a time certain things were important to me. Lots of them aren't anymore.
Once upon a time I learned how to be cynical.
Once upon a time I figured out that I like it.
Once upon a time I realized that I have little patience for people who can't see past stereotypes.
Once upon a time I realized that I have little patience for people who can't see past appearances.
Once upon a time music prevented me from going crazy, in some form or another. This is still true.
Once upon a time I was scared witless.
Once upon a time I was angry. Seriously, continuously angry.
Once upon a time I knew how to cry.
Once upon a time I realized that I never really learned to rely on other people.
Once upon a time a lot of stuff happened.
Once upon a time I tried to explain it all to myself.
Once upon a time I failed miserably.

Things in life change. Things in life stay the same. It's scary. I don't like it. I can't really do much about it. That's scary too. Apparently I'm just going to have to "go with the flow," whatever that means.

I'll let you know where I'm going when I figure it out for myself. Which might be when I get there.
Or maybe I won't tell you. Who knows, maybe I'll never really figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment