Wednesday, June 23, 2010

So it's June...

Blogspot, for me, has pretty much fallen off the face of the planet. That seems to be a recurring theme, actually.

It's a strange feeling, being home from Japan, and there's lots of good and lots of bad that I'm really not going to go into on here. It's nice to be home, in a way, but I do miss it a lot, or at least some aspects of it. I will be going back someday, along with visiting friends in England and Australia as well as all around the US. Should be great.
In the meantime, though, I need to find a job. Badly. Some independence in my life would be nice, so I would like to purchase a car as well as move out into my own place, but both of these take quite a bit of money, so a job is the first thing in order. Thankfully I have an interview tomorrow, so hopefully that goes well. :)

All too soon (or not soon enough?) I will be going back to university. Gotta think about graduating and stuff. Then possibly a different school. Definitely a real job. All of a sudden I seem to be growing/grown up. It's a strange feeling, but I kinda like it.
Supposedly it's a sign of being old when time seems to start passing by really quickly... well, maybe I'm old then, at least mentally. I don't know. Whatever it is, it's happening, and it's kinda cool.

I was kinda hoping to have something all intellectual and deep to share this month (for all 9 of you subscribed, and maybe 2 who'll actually read this), but that doesn't seem to be happening. Probably partially because I'm just getting over a rather long bout of writer's block, partially because I don't sleep much anymore... not on purpose, that's just how my brain is working (or not working). Unfortunate, but true.
Anyway. Maybe next month I'll come up with something great. Maybe I'll post something before next month, if I get a wonderful idea somehow. Who knows. I think I actually got an idea of how to fix my book (70 pages in and it REALLY needed to be rethought... I think that rethought has been thunk), so that's good. I'm writing some poetry, but I'll probably never let anyone see that.

I still like to pretend I'm a kid. I tend to think that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment